Monday 24 June 2013

FORGE arts and crafts fair.

FORGE, Sheffield.

We went to FORGE arts and craft fair in Sheffield this weekend, organised by Hallam Roses W.I., and brought to my attention by fellow Yorkshire blogger Emma from Oh Gosh blog. They were raising funds for their W.I. and Roundabout charity. There was plenty to see and it was great to support all the local talent. Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay long, as my little baby boy decided to have a little bit of a meltdown. I still managed to find some nice items to take home and grab some cake, as my husband frantically rocked and attempted to soothe my son.

FORGE, Sheffield.

There was such an array of baking that I struggled to decide what to buy. It all looked so delicious. We opted for some lovely moist chocolate cake, some flapjack and some white chocolate and Tobelerone brownie. I must admit I had a little nibble of the flapjack on the ride home, as I couldn't wait, but the rest was devoured with a nice cuppa when I got home. I thought it was only fair to give my hubby half a taste of them. All of the baked goods were so scrummy!

FORGE, Sheffield.

I got this adorable sock monkey (from the Ginger Zoo), a cute panda origami card (from Terrible Lizard) and a deep repair hair mask. (from Lovely cosmetics) The sock monkey and card are for my sister-in-law, but I got the hair mask for me. It has left my hair luxuriously smooth and silky. I cannot tell you how much I love the smell too, as it reminds me of going to the perfumery in Grasse, France, as a little girl. I'm going to investigate some of the other businesses, which I didn't get chance to peruse. A full list of stallholders is available here.

Well done to all involved for putting on such a lovely event!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww. Thank you for popping along. Glad you enjoyed it. But you should've come found me! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning to, but as soon as we got there my son starting screaming. He's not been feeling too well and wants lots of mummy cuddles, so I just had a quick dash round. We still enjoyed it, just wish I got chance to have a proper look. The baking was amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gutted I didn't make it! Unfortunately as I was driving the Mr to the station my car hed a minor breakdown so I had to spend the afternoon fixing it! :(

    ReplyDelete